When following these stated guidelines and safety instructions, Sky Lanterns are perfectly safe and a truly beautiful sight when released.
When selling Sky Lanterns you have a responsibility to the public and also to the environment. You should always ensure that the following sky lantern sales guidelines are followed:
- Only selling 100% bio-degradable and wire free lanterns
- High quality fuel source
- Supply a comprehensive operating and safety instructions
- Must only sell to persons over the age of 18
It is a retailer responsibility to publish information contained in the safety leaflet on their websites, catalogues and any other points of sale.
- Keep Lanterns in a dry area and avoid humidity
- Keep water or a fire extinguisher nearby
- Launch Lanterns in calm and windless weather (wind speed to be no more than 5 mph)
- Light Lanterns in an open area and avoid trees, buildings, houses or any other high obstructions that may obstruct the Lantern’s launch path
- Do not launch Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport
- Avoid high voltage wires, transformers, substations, gas stations or any other explosive or hazardous area
- Never smoke around the launch of the Lanterns
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol should not ignite Lanterns
- Not to be used by children and must be under supervision in launch area